Dr James Laban is an experienced and highly respected dual-certified consultant neurosurgeon and spine surgeon. He practices in Sydney at the North Shore Private Hospital. Dr Laban specialises in state-of-the-art spine, brain and peripheral nerve surgery using minimally-invasive techniques, robotics and computer-guidance.
Dr Laban has treated patients with the most complex neurosurgical conditions from all around the world. He is a dual-certified, experienced and internationally-respected neurosurgeon and spine surgeon who sees patients with all types of brain and spine conditions and peripheral nerve disorders including:
- back pain, neck pain and sciatica;
- disc protrusions / disc prolapses / bulging discs;
- degenerative disc disease;
- other degenerative spine conditions including spinal stenosis, canal stenosis, lateral recess stenosis and spondylolisthesis;
- spine tumours;
- spinal trauma including vertebral fractures;
- brain tumours including glioma and meningioma;
- peripheral nerve tumours;
- neurovascular compression syndromes such as trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm;
- infections of the brain or spine;
- brain and peripheral nerve injuries;
Dr Laban is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and has trained, worked, published and presented nationally and internationally.
Dr Laban treats brain, spine and peripheral nerve disorders, providing world-class patient centred care. Dr Laban is interested in spinal, brain and peripheral nerve pathophysiology, preventative medicine, non-invasive therapies and minimally-invasive techniques.
If you are concerned about any symptoms you have and you live in Sydney or on the Central Coast, do contact us to book an appointment. You will be able to discuss your problem with Dr Laban and, after appropriate investigation, he will offer tailor-made advice about the diagnosis and treatment options. Dr Laban is committed to achieving the best possible health outcomes for his patients by providing expert personalised care.
Contact our clinic today to book your first appointment with Dr Laban.
The Wilson car park is located behind the hospital. You can access the car park from Reserve Road. You will be unable to drive to the entrance drop off area from the car park, Reserve Road or the Eastern end of Westbourne Street.